Ambedkar Jayanti 2022: Dr. BR Ambedkar’s birthday is observed on April 14 and is also known as Ambedkar Jayanti or Bhim Jayanti. He is considered the main national builder of our country. Dr Ambedkar’s 131st birthday is celebrated today. Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tribute to Dr BR Ambedkar and said he had made indelible contributions to the progress of the country. He was born on April 14, 1891 in Mhow, India to a Dalit Mahar family.
दलितों, पीड़ितों, वंचितों और के कल्याण कल्याण के बाबासाहेब के विचार हमारी सरकार के लिए्रेरणापुंज हैं।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।। to hold pic.twitter.com/dOJixnlLOj
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi)
April 14, 2022
Today on Ambedkar Jayanti paid tribute to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar in Delhi. pic.twitter.com/V5EIIObRwh
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi)
April 14, 2022
What an unusual day today when we celebrate both Mahavir and Ambedkar Jayanti. Mahavir’s message of Ahimsa is eternally relevant, as is Dr. Ambedkar’s Navayana Buddhism, which is often forgotten. Babasaheb’s Buddha and His Dhamma, published after his death, is a must read
— Jairam Ramesh (@Jairam_Ramesh)
April 14, 2022
Bharat Ratna Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar is popularly known as Babasaheb Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar. His birthday is celebrated on April 14. He was a world-class lawyer, social reformer and world-class scholar according to the Ministry of Social Justice, Government of India. He has been credited with being the force behind the Dalit Buddhist movement in India.
He was born on April 14, 1891 into an untouchable family in Mhow (now in Madhya Pradesh) and died on December 6, 1956 in Delhi.
READ| Happy Baisakhi 2022 Wishes, Quotes, WhatsApp Messages, History, Meaning, etc.
Highlights on Dr BR Ambedkar
Ambedkar’s date of birth: April 14, 1891
Birthplace of Ambedkar: Mhow, Madhya Pradesh (now Dr Ambedkar Nagar)
Ambedkar’s death: December 6, 1956 (65 years old)
Other names: Babasaheb Ambedkar
Ambedkar’s father: Ramji Maloji Sakpal
Ambedkar’s mother: Bhimabai
Wife: Ramabai Ambedkar (married 1906 – died 1935), Dr Savita Ambedkar (married 1948 – died 2003)
Son of Ambedkar: Yashwan Bhimrao Ambedkar
Grandson: Prakash Ambedkar
Ambedkar Academic Qualifications: University of Mumbai (BA), Columbia University (MA, PhD, LL.D.), London
School of Economics (MSc, DSC), Gray’s Inn (Lawyer)
Awards / Honors: Bodhisattva (1956), Bharat Ratna (1990), First Colombian Ahead of His Time (2004), The Greatest Indian (2012)
Ambedkar Political Party: Federation of Scheduled Castes, Independent Labor Party, Republican Party of India
Social organization: Bahishkrit Hitakarini Sabha, Samata Sainik Dal
READ| Mahavir Jayanti 2022: Know the Date, History, Teachings, Significance, Quotes, Wishes and Key Facts
25 Facts About Dr BR Ambedkar
1. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar was the 14th and last child of his parents.
2. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s real family name was Ambawadekar. But his teacher, Mahadev Ambedkar, gave him the surname of Ambedkar in school records.
3. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar was the first Indian to earn a doctorate (Ph.D.) in economics abroad.
4. Dr Ambedkar is the only Indian whose statue is attached to Karl Marx in the Museum of London.
5. Credit for giving ‘Ashok Chakra’ a place in the Indian tricolor also goes to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. Although the national flag was designed by Pingali Venkayya.
6. Nobel prize the laureate, Professor Amartya Sen, considered Dr BR Ambedkar his father in economics.
READ| Narendra Modi Biography in Brief
7. For a better development of Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, Babasaheb had proposed the division of these states in the 50s, but it was only after 2000 that Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand were formed by split Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
8. Babasaheb “Rajgirh”‘s personal library consisted of over 50,000 books and it was the largest private library in the world.
9. The book “Waiting for a Visa” written by Dr. Babasaheb is a textbook from Columbia University. Columbia University made a list of top 100 scholars in the world in 2004 and the first name on that list was Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar.
10. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar was a master in 64 subjects. He had knowledge of 9 languages like Hindi, Pali, Sanskrit, English, French, German, Marathi, Persian and Gujarati. Apart from that, he has studied all the religions of the world comparatively for almost 21 years.
11. At the London School of Economics, Babasaheb completed 8 years of study in just 2 years and 3 months. For this, he studied 21 hours a day.
12. The initiation to Buddhism of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar with his 8,50,000 followers historically in the world, because it was the greatest conversion in the world.
13. “Mahant Veer Chandramani”, a great Buddhist monk who introduced Babasaheb to Buddhism, called him “the modern Buddha of this age”.
14. Babasaheb is the first and only person in the world to have received a valuable doctorate named “Doctor All Science” from the London School of Economics. Many smart students have tried, but they have not succeeded so far.
15. In the world, the largest number of songs and books written in the name of the leader is Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar.
16. Governor Lord Linlithgow and Mahatma Gandhi thought Babasaheb was smarter than 500 graduates and thousands of scholars.
READ| 10 facts about Mahatma Gandhi
17. Babasaheb was the first and only Satyagrahi in the world, who made Satyagraha to drink water.
18. In 1954, at the “World Council of Buddhism” held in Kathmandu, Nepal, Buddhist monks awarded Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar the highest title of Buddhism “Bodhisattva”. His famous book “The Buddha and his Dhamma” is the “scripture” of Indian Buddhists.
19. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar had considered three great men, Lord Buddha, Saint Kabir and Mahatma Phule as their “instructor”.
20. The Babasaheb statue is one of the tallest statues in the world. His birthday is also celebrated around the world.
21. Babasaheb was the first backward class lawyer.
22. Based on a worldwide survey called “The Creators of the Universe”, a list of the top 100 humanists of the past 10,000 years was compiled by the University of Oxford, the fourth name of which was Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar.
23. Babasaheb Ambedkar has given many suggestions in the book “The Rupee Problem – Its Origin and Solution” on demonetization which is being discussed at present.
24. All over the world, statues and paintings of Buddha with closed eyes can be seen, but Babasaheb, who was also a good painter, made the first Buddha painting in which Buddha’s eyes were open.
25. The first statue of Babasaheb was built in 1950 while he was alive and this statue is established in the city of Kolhapur.
So, these are 25 unknown facts about this great Indian scholar who paved the way for the rise of crores of Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled People of India. He is treated like God by millions of his followers.