Mahaparinirvan Din 2021: Mahaparinirvan Diwas is celebrated annually on December 6 to mark the anniversary of the death of Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar, the chief architect of the Constitution of India. Popularly known as Babasaheb Ambedkar, he is known for his significant contribution to the evolution of India as it is today. Mahaparinirwan Diwas 2021 marks the 65th anniversary of the death of Dr BR Ambedkar and reminds us of the role he played as an economist, as an activist and as a standard-bearer for Dalit activism in India.
Babasaheb Ambedkar, who breathed his last on December 6, 1956, was born in Madhya Pradesh and was the 14th and last child of his parents. On Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021, let’s read more about today’s story and learn the exact meaning of Mahaparinirvan.
President Ram Nath Kovind paid floral tributes to Babasaheb Dr BR Ambedkar on his Mahaparinirvan Diwas at Parliament House Lawns, New Delhi. pic.twitter.com/nywxlYGFNh
– President of India (@rashtrapatibhvn)
December 6, 2021
Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021 Date
Mahaparinirvan Diwas in India is celebrated every year on December 6 to mark the anniversary of the death of Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
What is Mahaparinirvan Diwas?
In Buddhist tradition, “Parinirvana” means and refers to someone who achieved nirvana during their lifetime and after death. The anniversary of the death of BR Ambedkar is called Mahaparinirvan Diwas because he renounced Hinduism and inspired the Dalit Buddhist movement in the country. Mahaparinirvan Diwas means an egalitarian society that BR Ambedkar envisioned for India.
Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021 Importance
Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021 highlights the work and ideals of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar and the key role he played in shaping the country after independence. Constitution Editorial Board Chairman BR Ambedkar embraced the philosophy of Buddhism and promoted a society free from the shackles of a rigid and unjust caste system.
Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021: 5 interesting facts about BR Ambedkar
1. BR Ambedkar who had renounced Buddhism in 1956, was born into a Hindu family from the Mahaaar caste of Maharashtra. She was considered a lower caste and people who belonged to her were called “untouchables”.
2. Dr. Br Ambedkar, known for his academic achievements, has masters in 64 subjects and studied around the world for 21 years. He was also the first Indian to pursue a doctorate.
3. Dr BR Ambedkar is the only Indian whose statue was erected alongside Karl Marx at the Museum in London.
4. BR Ambedkar became the first lower caste lawyer in India.
5. Babasaheb Ambedkar was conferred posthumously with Bharat Ratna by the Indian government. It is the country’s highest civilian honor.