For the general awareness section, you have to prepare intelligently. This article contains the compilation of historical places, personalities and cultural festivals that have made the news in the last three months. The more you revise, the better the result will be. You can also write to us in the comment section for any specific compilation or topic you wish to have for your preparation.
- Thalaivetti Muniyappan Temple near Salem, Tamil Nadu where a local deity is worshiped according to Hindu rituals, will now be treated as a Buddhist temple, thanks to a recent order from the Madras High Court.
- The Ministry of Culture released the third comic on the stories of 20 Tribal Freedom Fighters August 2 at Tiranga Utsav Celebration in New Delhi.
- Karnataka Janapada Vishwavidyalaya (Karnataka Folklore University), the only university in the world that offers courses in folk arts and culture. It offers certificate courses in doddata (folk drama), dollu kunitha, kamsale, thogalu bombeyata (puppet show), traditional embroidery, folk tourism, folk songs, folk dances, bamboo art, folk martial arts, folk sports, instrument percussion and yoga. .
- Mangarh Mound in Banswara District (Rajasthan) to be declared a “monument of national importance”
- About Mangarh: It is located on the Gujarat-Rajasthan border.
- Mangarh Massacre (1913): Bhils under social reformer Govind Guru and Punja rioted against the British. Govind Guru started the “Bhagat movement” asking them to adhere to vegetarianism and abstain from all types of intoxicants.
- Mini Jallianwala Bagh massacre: the British sent back hundreds of tribals gathered on the Mangarh mound for a peaceful assembly in 1913
- Indian city Ahmedabad and the state of Kerala were mentioned in TIME magazine’s list of the greatest places in the world in 2022
- Anayoottu is an annual ritual Sree Vadakkunnathan Temple, Thrissur, in which more than 50 elephants receive special food, is made to reconcile Lord Ganesha. Ritual was launched to help the elephants that paraded during the opening ceremony of the 1982 Games regain their health.
- The India Archaeological Survey has now undertaken conservation work in this important Sannatti Buddhist Site near the bank of Bhima river near Kanaganahalli in Kalaburagi district.
- Baudhayana Sulbasutra contains a statement of what is called the Pythagorean theorem
- The 13th century Keshava Temple also called “poetry in stonegets a makeover ahead of the proposed visit by the UNESCO team to inspect the Hoysala monument nominated for World Heritage listing. The Chennakesava Temple, is a Vaishnava Hindu temple on the banks of the Kaveri River in Somanathapura, Karnataka, India. The temple was consecrated in 1258 CE by Somanatha Dandanayaka, a general of King Hoysala Narasimha III. It is located 38 kilometers (24 mi) east of Mysuru town
- Kharchi Puja is a Hindu festival of tripra, the festival involves the worship of the fourteen gods forming the dynasty deity of the Tripuri people.
- Priushan Parva: Jain festival in which Jain monks and nuns stay with the community and provide them with instruction and guidance. It is also a celebration of “Forgiveness”.
- Bonalu Festival: The festival is dedicated to Goddess Mahakali, thanking her for granting the wishes of her devotees. Bonalu is a popular festival celebrated in Hyderabad and Secunderabad. Apart from Yellamma, during the Bonalu festival, the various forms of Mahakali are worshiped including Mysamma, Dokkalamma, Pedamma, Pochamma, Yellamma, Poleramma and Ankalamm
- The National Monument Authority (NMA) must submit a report on the complete development of Mahuli group of temples, known as Dakshin Kashi, at the Ministry of Culture. The Mahuli group of temples comprises five temples belonging to the 11th and 12th CE, located near Satara, Maharashtra.
- Statues in various places
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh unveiled the statue of “Veer Durgadas Rathore » on his 385th birthday in Rajasthan Jodhpur.
- In Bhopal, a large statue honoring Amar Shaheed Chandrashekhar Azad will be erected.
- Amit Shah virtually unveiled the ‘Statue of Peace’ of theWamy Ramanujacharyone in Srinagar, located in a temple in the Sonwar region
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a 30ft tall bronze statue Alluri Sitarama Raju at Bhimavaram in the East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on the 125th anniversary of the birth of the freedom fighter.
- india Statue of Unity became part of the list of “8 Wonders of SCO”. The Shanghai Cooperation Organization included the Statue of Unity in its list of “8 Wonders of the SCO”. The Statue of Unity is the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the first home minister of independent India
2022 General Awareness Quiz Series: August 24
List of international organizations with date of creation & Headquarters
GK questions for GK questions