Happy Birthday Rahul Roy: An Indian film actor, who works in Bollywood films. He shot to fame right from his debut in Mahesh Bhatt’s hit production Aashiqui (1990), where he was aided by the music of Nadeem Shravan, with the voice of Kumar Sanu.
His most famous hits include “Tu Meri Zindagi Hai”, “Ab Tere Bin Jee Lenge Hum” and “Jaane Jigar Jaan-E-Man”.
On his 54th birthday, here are some lesser-known facts you might not know about Rahul Roy.
Rahul Roy undergoes music therapy for speech recovery after stroke
Happy Birthday Rahul Roy: Lesser Known Facts:
- Rahul Roy got his first chance thanks to his mother Indira Roy. In the late 1980s, her mother worked with a fashion magazine as a writer. Impressed by her articles, Mahesh Bhatt arranged a meeting with her. Rahul was then a struggling model. The ace director saw Roy’s photos through her, said he was destined for the movies, and finally gave him his enviable break with Aashiqui.
- One of Rahul Roy’s trivia is that his hairstyle in Aashiqui also had its own fan base. It became a new trend with all the other young boys wanting the same for themselves.
- After the massive success of his first film, Rahul was reportedly offered almost 18 films. However, the actor rejected the majority of them because he didn’t want to overwork himself.
- He starred in a handful of films, but none of them became a blockbuster like his first film.
- Rahul took a nearly seven-year hiatus in 1999.
- Rahul Roy and his brother Rohit were born on February 9, 1966. Rohit being 26 minutes older. After his parents divorced, Rohit lived in Los Angeles with their father, while Rahul lived in India with their mother.
- Rajendra Kumar once ran into Rahul Roy and his brother Rohit at a party. Rohit is 6ft 4in and is a bodybuilder. The erstwhile superstar was really impressed with him and said he wanted to remake the Hollywood movie Twins with the Roy brothers. Rohit would be in the role of Arnold and Rahul in that of Danny. The film was never made because Rohit did not want to act.
- Rahul had auditioned for the Hollywood film Little Buddha in 1992 but he was not selected.
- Rahul got into legal trouble and had an FIR filed against him. The accident happened while he was filming an action sequence for the movie Jab Jab Dil Mile when his jeep spun out of control due to brake failure, hitting a man who was watching the filming. The victim was seriously injured. Subsequently, a police complaint was filed against Roy at Goregaon Police Station. However, his producer took care of the situation and Rahul was not arrested.
- Rahul Roy is reportedly engaged to Dil Se actor Manisha Koirala.
- Rahul Roy was reportedly engaged to actor Suman Ranganathan and was also reportedly engaged to famous model Farheen Khan in 1993.
- Rahul kept pretending he was going to Hollywood in the 1990s. He had hired Kevin Costner’s agent and was reviewing scripts, but it didn’t go over well for the actor.
- Rahul had a relationship with model Rajlaxmi Khanvilkar and the duo got married in 2000. However, after 14 years of marriage, the couple divorced.
- Lots of Rahul Roy films have been shelved like TADA, Wafa, Dilon Ka Rishta and Vajra.
- Rahul also owns a production house called Rahul Roy Productions. A film titled Elaan was the first to be released under his banner in November 2011. The film starred Rahul Roy, Bhojpuri actor-turned-politician Manoj Tiwari, as well as Gajendra Chauhan.